Adblada

Saturday 8 July 2017

HAMBURGER: "TWO MEN CONFESSED TO MURDERING MY HUSBAND"~~ WIFE

Mrs Bello,  wife of murdered chairman of Tricycle Riders Association, Shogunle branch, Oshodi, Lagos State, Mr Razak Bello aka Hamburger, has urged policemen investigating the murder of her husband to ensure that justice was done.

According to Mrs Bello, two men, who were behind the murder of her husband, have been arrested and are presently in the custody of policemen.

The alleged killers, were said to have handed themselves to police. It was also gathered that the supposed killers all grew up together with the slain man.

Mrs Bello explained that she and her daughter became uneasy when attempts made by them to see the killers of their breadwinner repeatedly failed.

The grieving widow said that she couldn’t understand why Investigating Police Officers, at the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID), Homicide Section, were shielding the killers from them.

The wife of NURTW chieftain killed in Shogunle on May 29 returned to Nigeria with her eldest daughter, for the burial of her husband and had since been going to Panti to know the outcome of police investigation.

She explained that she and her daughter, frustrated, stopped going to Panti and returned to Dublin after she got fed up with the bureaucracy at the Panti, coupled with the police refusing to allow them see those alleged to have murdered Bello.

She said: “My husband was killed on the 29th by a gang led by one Samson and his boys. According to eye witness, they killed my husband and ran away. But later, Samson and Tunde, went and handed themselves over to policemen at Panti. Community and family members have sent a petition to different offices.
“The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni and some other top officials were at our residence to pay us condolence visits. They all promised us justice. Now that two of the culprits are in police custody, I and my family demand justice.
“I was at Panti to meet with policemen in charge of the investigation, they are Popoola Fatai and Olaniyan Razak; they both confirmed that the two suspects were in their custody. I’m pleading with the Lagos CP, to ensure justice is done as he had earlier promised.
“All I want is justice. We’re talking about a family man with kids and aged a mother. He was the breadwinner of our family and his life was snuffed out just like that. I want Nigerians to be aware of what is going on. I believe that nobody should be above the law. I was also with the Rapid Response Squad, RRS Commander, Disu Tunji, he also promised us justice.”
Although it was earlier alleged that the two killers handed themselves over to Disu, but the commander denied this.

Attempting to clarify the matter, Disu said: “We heard that one Golden and another man were behind the murder of Bello. I heard that they went to SCID to hand themselves over to the police. I didn’t see them. I never saw them. Before they went to hand themselves over to the police, I had been tracking them. I wanted to arrest and charged them to court. I wasn’t able to lay my hands on them.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Olarinde Famous-Cole said: “I can only tell you that some people have been arrested in connection with the murder of Hamburger and they would soon be charged to court.”
http://julianafrancis.blogspot.be/2017/07/hamburger-two-men-confessed-to.html

No comments: