Adblada

Saturday 18 January 2014

WHO IS KOLA BOOF?

Who is Kola Boof? In her own words she answered it by saying:  ‘My birth name is Naima Bint Harith and I come from the Sudan, and the fact is, you can’t work for NBC, SONY Pictures and for publishers and not be a real identifiable person—I am Naima Bint Harith, an American citizen born in Sudan, adopted and raised in America, and that is who I am.’

 Kola Boof, is the author of several novels and poetry collections, including her controversial ‘The Sexy Part of the Bible,’ Flesh and the Devil, and Nile River Woman. Her writing has appeared in Harper’s and the story collection Politically Inspired. Her autobiography, Diary of a Lost Girl, was published in 2006. She has been interviewed by MSNBC, FOX News, and CNN; and has been featured in TV Guide, Time, the New York Post, and the New York Times. She lives in Southern California.

Kola Boof, who made her comment known about the Gay Right on her tweeter page on January 16 wrote ‘I'm not Gay....calling me Gay or Tranny or Lesbo will not stop me from voicing total contempt for African Anti-Gay Laws.’ In her previous interview she granted Bahiyah women Magazine, February 2007,she maintained that:‘’If you are proud to be an African and proud to black, as I am, then that matters, and yes, I’m in love with human beings who happen to be homosexual if that’s what you meant.  I love all human beings contrary to those who think I’m racist.  I make it a point to acknowledge the humanity and suffering of all human beings, including gay people in my work, and I always will.  Everyone who’s picked on, I fight for.’’

On spiritual ground, Kola said, ‘ I have powerfully spiritual best friends like Alicia Banks and Ajowa Ifetayo, and I would be dead without women like them holding me up. ‘

The drama queen , whom Nadeem Quttub, a former diplomat of the Sudanese government , alleged that Kola Boof was with Bin Laden "willingly" and miscarried their child in May 1996. But Kola Boof angrily said,"That's bullshit. I hate to admit I met him, because it's akin to saying you know Hitler, but I barely knew Bin Laden from 1996-98. When we met in Marrakesh in 1996, I was a starlet and he was trying to screw every female in town." 

On religion matters Kola Boof said, ‘While I love Mohammed and Jesus Christ’I reject all men's religions, not just Islam, but Christianity, Judaism and whatever else the men use for a whip.  I believe that Christianity trains black people, especially black women, to think like slaves, and I believe that Islam is mainly fueled by its hatred for women. As for feminism, I am a womanist more than I'm a feminist. I love cooking for men and making love with them’not just reproductive lovemaking but I like sex for the sake of freaking out with men. I value men and I don't necessarily want to adopt the man's role, but I do want to see women's humanity honored and respected. I do feel it's crucial that women's opinions be taken equally with men’s. But still’I have not been accepted by the American white feminist writers and activists, and frankly I don't care to be, so I am a womanist. I am feisty and I am given to womanish behavior.’






No comments: