Adblada

Sunday 28 September 2014

MAN BEHEADS WOMAN CLAIMS MEN FROM THE VILLAGE RAPED HIS WIFE

Chinedu Nweke (pictured above), 32, has been arrested for beheading 45-year-old Philomina Nwega in Ebonyi State. Nweke claimed he committed the heinous crime to avenge the serial rape of his wife by men in the murdered woman’s village.

 This horrible incident happened on September 6th in Umuzeoka village in Ezza North LGA of  Ebonyi State. Recounting the bizarre tale, Nweke, a farmer, said:

‘It was at Umezeoka that the people raped my wife and that was where I killed the woman. Each time my wife was raped I bought drugs for her but I didn’t report the incident to anybody, not even to the village head or the traditional ruler.


“I am a farmer. Villagers raped my wife severally. And it made my wife to have miscarriage anytime she was pregnant. I never complained about this problem to the police. It was on September 6, in the evening that I saw a woman coming from the farm. I waylaid her and I used my cutlass to kill her. I cut off her head which I dumped alongside her lifeless body into the Ogbor stream. I cut her head into pieces and threw them into the stream.


When a report was made to the police about the death of the woman, a search was conducted by a combined team of the police and the local vigilance group in Achiagu, Ezza North LGA, where the suspect, Nweke, was arrested with a blood-stained machete and clothes on September 7th.

The Assistant Commis¬sioner of Police, State Criminal Investigation Department, Mrs Justina Ogbodo also told Sunday Sun that detectives had recovered the machete allegedly used by Nweke to kill the woman. She also said the command was still finding it difficult to recover the severed head, which Nweke claimed to have thrown into the stream.

In a broken voice that belied his grief, the husband of the deceased, Mr. Bartholomew Nwega said: “I am pleading with the police to help me recover the head of my dead wife” so that she could be given honourable burial.

Source: The Sun

No comments: