Adblada

Thursday 9 October 2014

LINDA IKEJI NEVER COMMITTED ANY COPYRIGHT CRIME

Linda Ikeji, is no doubt the trail blazer blogger in Nigeria. Am one of her committed followers and she is a friend and fellow blogger too. However, it baffled me on Wednesday 8th, 2014, when i couldn’t see her blog on the Google!  What popped up was ‘’ Sorry, the blog at lindaikeji.blogspot.com been removed. This address is not available for new blogs.’’

However, an acquisition from Mukhtar Dan’Iyan, the Editor-in-Chief of US-based The 15 Past Eight Media Group, said “I spoke up about the unauthorised use of my intellectual property that was taken from my TL (time line),” Mr. Dan’Iyan, who tweets via @MrAyeDee , this and other  multiple allegations of copyright infringement complains led to her blog been deleted from Google !Before I go further on this article, i will love to define blog as follows:
“…the first journalistic model that actually harnesses rather than merely exploits the true democratic nature of the web. It’s a new medium finally finding a unique voice.”–Andrew Sullivan
“[a] collection of posts…short, informal, sometimes controversial, and sometimes deeply personal…with the freshest information at the top.”–Meg Hourihan

From the above, we can deduce that blog is a new medium to disseminate information in short; informal, sometimes deeply personal at the same time or sometime controversial; that is blog is a means of sharing information and also of interacting: It’s more about conversation than content … so far. I think it is equally tiresome and useless to argue about whether blogs are journalism, for journalism is not limited by the tool or medium or person used in the act’’.

If blogging is then more about sharing information, conversation than content; what copyright infringements are we then talking about here?

Blogs are incredible vehicles of communication, all bloggers are working towards the main goal i.e to inform and educate the people.

What makes Linda the most successful blogger is that she started blogging as a hobby without no creative story behind her, she just wanted to try something completely new! As you deduce from her saying ‘Rome was not built in a day ‘blogging takes time which is our most valuable asset in this life, hence Linda will definitely bounce back.

 Linda Ikeji, once said in an interview that ‘’Nothing good comes easy. She narrated her humble beginning as a blogger with ‘’ 200 visits a day and for me then, it was a big deal, honestly, now I’m getting like 50,000 visits a day from up to 180 countries. It took her four years to start making money from blogging. I never even thought that I would make money from blogging, and I didn’t start with the mind-set that one day I would make money from it.

“I didn’t even think that was a possibility , it never even crossed my mind, I didn’t say to myself that ok let me blog now and maybe in five years’ time, I will make money from it. I never imagined that it would ever happen, infact, in 2008, 2009, I was putting free ads on my blog, I was telling my blog readers, please give me your ads and I will put them for free, but then in 2010, people started asking me for my adverts rates and I was like ‘really’? I didn’t even know what it was until I now asked a few people and they gave me their own advert rates so that is how it stated.”
Linda is a dedicated passionate blogger with mindset of getting to the top, she is a brilliant and a good role model that need all our support at this trial period.

‘’ Find what you love doing and do it well, to all the young girls out there, if you are reading this, you can make it on your own . You don’t need to spread your legs for men, you don’t need this married men who just take your glory. You are strong, you are beautiful, and there is nothing you can’t achieve on your own. God has given you something no one else has found what it is and build yourself. Don’t worry about what it is and build yourself.


 Linda Ikeji  once wrote:“We are such a country that is so blessed by God. We don’t have earthquake, volcanoes, and tsunami. We are problems to ourselves and this is disgusting.



No comments: