Adblada

Monday 13 October 2014

ONLINE BANKING FRAUD @ FIRST BANK AKOWONJO BRANCH , LAGOS



First Bank of Nigeria is no doubt one of the most powerful Nigerian financial sectors since its inception in 1894. ‘’The iconic African elephant with navy blue and ivory colours has been a national symbol of one of the biggest international players in the financial services industry to date.’’

Established in 1894, literally the first bank in Nigeria has a large branch network in Nigeria. Thirty-three minutes ago, First bank tweet thus: ‘ Go anywhere, shop anytime... Pay with just one #FirstBankCard. #FirstBankCards have been specially designed to suit your ever evolving needs. #OnlineBanking’’ ... This is where I will begin my observation about their #OnlineBanking package.

A follower of my Blog, one Miss Kehinde Charles, wrote and called me that her dad’s saving account was tampered with at First Bank Plc, Akowonjo Branch, Lagos, on October 31, 2013, and their bank is yet to come up with any concrete solution since then! She went further to say that her father never operated online banking account!

To confirm their story, I called the Bank Manager of the bank on September 26, at 3.36pm (European time) and he confirmed the story, but claimed that the money in question was withdrawn via ATM.

Having said that, I then requested Miss Kehinde to send the statement of the account in question to me, it was on it that I discovered that Mr Akinyemiju Charles Oludare ‘s money was truly withdrawn via online transfer (see the photocopy below)and not through ATM as claimed by the Bank Manager, hence Mr Charles, was a victim of FirstBank #Onlinebanking fraud.

Read below the story of Miss Kehinde Charles unedited:

‘’the day it happened, my dad went to the bank and they told him to write a letter. he wrote the letter and took it to the back and he was told to check back after a week I followed him to the bank the next day to collect the bank statement from the bank and to ask them what step we should take to get the money back, but we were told that the letter my dad wrote has been sent to their head office nd the head office will work on it .My dad went back there after a week and he was told that the head office is still working on it that he should keep checking back ....it happened in October 31st ,2013. Amount withdrawn: N38,400’

No comments: