Adblada

Wednesday 19 November 2014

HOW ARMED ROBBERS TRIED TO STEAL MY 2-MONTH OLD BABY.....NURSING MOTHER NARRATES

Two months after putting to bed, Mrs. Moshood was still receiving visitors and gifts from family members, neighbours and friends.
She however never bargained that some of her visitors would be armed robbers.

Moshood said she was shocked to her bone marrows when armed robbers barged into her room through the window and uncaring that she had just put to bed, beat her black and blue because she did not cooperate.

The woman, who refused to disclose her full name for security reasons, said she was beaten mercilessly after the bandits invaded her home last week.
They tore off her clothes and threatened to go away with her baby if she did not cooperate and cough up money.
Moshood, scared out of her wit, begged them not to take her baby away. The mother of two said she watched  as they turned her home upside down, frantically searching for money.

They eventually found N75, 000 in the wardrobe and an additional N12, 000 in an envelope. The bandits also found the sum of N25, 000 in another section of the wardrobe, belonging to her sister. This money made them to give up taking the baby away.

It will be recalled that last week, a gang of robbers, attacked residents of Okekpa area of Mowe, Ogun State, killing a man returning from a church night vigil. The robbers had written to the community that they would be coming to attack. The robbers however did not give the date or time they would be coming. The nursing mother was one of the victims that the robbers pummeled.

Mrs. Moshood who spoke with our correspondent, said she was just returning from hospital, where she went for treatment due to the body pains and injury inflicted on her by the robbers.

Recalling how the unwanted visitors paid her a visit, Moshood said: “It all started around  3am. I heard footsteps around our house. They started throwing stones and banging on our gate. Suddenly, five of the robbers jumped over the fence. They used their pincers and Saw blades to cut through our burglaries.

“Before then, the robbers had been shouting that they would kill me if I refused to open the door. I was searching for the key which I did not find until they broke in through the window. I’ve been under emotional torture since then. I’ve lost all my business money to the robbers and have just left the hospital.”
Moshood said her husband went out around 2: am, taking a pregnant woman who was in labour to hospital.

Moshood said that the pregnant woman was bleeding and there were fears that she could die. Mr. Moshood decided to use his car to take her to Shagamu General Hospital after a nearby hospital rejected her. One hour after he left, the robbers arrived.
Moshood said she was with her two kids and 11-year-old cousin when the gunmen entered.

She recalled: “Immediately they came in, they tore off my cloths and started beating me. They hit me on the neck and all over my body. They took my two-month-old baby and threatened   they would go with her if they could not find money in the house.

“Before they gained entry into the house, I called my husband on phone. I told him that robbers were around. I knew they would demand for my phone, so I hid it in the toilet. By the time they came in, my phone was the first thing they asked for.

There were four phones plugged for charging, those were the ones I gave them.”
She disclosed: “They invaded our wardrobes and stole N75, 000, another N40, 000 from one note book and N12, 000. They also went into my sister’s wardrobe and took her N25, 000.”

Mrs. Moshood said the robbery lasted about three hours and the robbers felt very comfortable during the attack because there were no security operatives around to challenge them.


Culled: Juliana Francis Blog

No comments: