Adblada

Wednesday 18 February 2015

ST.NICHOLAS HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT REUNITES ACCIDENT VICTIM WITH HIS FAMILY.. SAYS HE RAN AWAY FROM HOME !!!

Owolabi Oladujoye, an accident victim that occurred on the Third Mainland Bridge, Lagos, later rescued from the scene by a Good Samaritan who took him to St. Nicholas Hospital, but could not be identified as he was unconscious, has eventually reunited his family.

According to PUNCH, a house-keeper at the hospital, Rasak Yusuf, decided to search for Owolabi’s relatives.

He said,
“After I had interacted with him for about a week, he told me he worked with one Baba Ibeji as a bus conductor. So, after taking his picture with my BlackBerry phone, I searched for this Baba Ibeji, who could link us with his relatives. It was my off day and I did it voluntarily. I went to Bolade Park in Oshodi and asked for Baba Ibeji. I was asked to go to Sango. At Sango, I was asked to go back to Oshodi and go to another park.”

He said after wandering around for hours, he met a man who took him to a ghetto in Oshodi. He said despite fear for his safety, his perseverance paid off as he met someone who claimed to be a friend of the victim and took him to his aunt who lived in Oshodi.

The aunt, Adeola Lukman, in turn contacted the family in Ede, Osun State. It was gathered that Owolabi ran away from home in January 2015, after collecting N200 from his mother on the pretext that he was going to Ile Ife.
His mother, Rahmot, said she first learnt that he was involved in an accident on a radio station.The mother of five said Owolabi was to write his final school examinations when he absconded from home. She said,

“His father died in 1994. He raises funds for his education, doing menial jobs. But on January 4, 2015 he said he wanted to travel to work and needed transport money.The next day, I gave him N200. He said it was not enough, but I told him to manage it. He and his friend then vanished. The next time I called him, I was hearing ‘Obalende,-Oshodi’ at the background and when I queried him, he quickly cut off the phone. I called back, and he begged me to forgive him that if I knew he was coming to Lagos, I would not allow him.He promised to return three days later, but suddenly, he became unreachable as he lost his phone. I came to Lagos to look for him after I didn’t hear from him three days later.”
She said it was while waiting anxiously for his return that she learnt of the accident on the radio.Owolabi told our correspondent he ran away from home in search of money.He said,

“I was a bus conductor in the vehicle that had accident and we were going to Oshodi.
I ran away from home because I needed to raise money. I want to return to school once I leave here.”
The Administration Manager of St. Nicholas Hospital, Mr. Kunle Bamigboye, said the hospital planned torehabilitate the victim and assist in his education.

He said,
 “The hospital cannot put value on what has been spent on him. “He was in the Intensive Care Unit, 24 hours care, and a lot of things were involved. Ever since he was stabilized, we have taken him as our responsibility. We decided to handle his treatment without asking for money because it was an emergency, and that is how it should be. It was after the treatment we discovered he had no means of identification. The hospital will rehabilitate him and we are perfecting discussions with his family.”

Source:   PUNCH


No comments: