Adblada

Sunday 17 January 2016

NOLLYWOOD IN 2015: YEAR OF MORE MARRIAGES & LESS SCANDAL



The year 2015 was a good year Nollywood guys, the industry did not only break new grounds on the international scene, and it also witnessed a couple of marriages that have continued to be the talk of the town.

From Lizzy Anjorin who tied the knots with her long standing lover, Jibo Morgan, in the month of June,  IK Ogbonna, who also exchanged marital vows with his girl friend, Sonia Morales, few days after they welcomed their first child in far away Columbia, Nollywood was at its best in 2015.

Controversial actress Tonto Dikeh’s marriage to her hubby, Churchill Oladunni, remains one marriage that shocked many industry watchers and one which they would not stop talking about.

The light-skinned diva shocked her friends and woes when she held her traditional marriage on August 30, 2015. In fact, since she got married, Tonto has been missing at social functions, thus telling anyone that cares to know that “marriage has really changed her.”

Also, Iyke Odife walked down the aisle with the actress Anita Amaka Okere. The couple held their traditional and white wedding ceremonies the same day on the 5th of December, in Asaba and the bride’s home town, Amaobia, in Awka, Anambra State respectively.

Actor Jazzy Okey, also got married to his long time lover, Annie Ogochukwu Anaedum, at the bride’s home town in Akabor-village, Ojoto, Anambra State.

 Other marriages include that of actor Gbenro Ajibade and Osas Ighodaro, both stars of “Tinsel”, which took place on Saturday July 4, 2015 in New York, sexpot, Chita Agwu and her Malaysia-based hubby, John Maduabuchi and Mimi Orjiekwe and Charles Billion which took place on Saturday July 18, 2015.

Actress Toyin Aimakhu marriage to  Niyi Johnsons crashed in 2015, and Aimakhu then announced that ‘’I don’t think I would want to get married again. I have tried it and it didn’t work. I just want to focus on my career for now. I have loads of project that I am working on and that’s basically what is giving me joy. I am setting up a movie academy in Ibadan and I have gotten a  place that I would use for the school.”

No comments: