Adblada

Monday 30 January 2017

'BEING ABUSED AS A CHILD GAVE ME STRENGTH'~~FISAYO AJIBOLA

Fisayo Ajisola, a Biochemistry graduate from Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta, Ogun state,  started as an actress but recently produced her own short movie titled ‘Road To Ruin’, a movie that focuses on child abuse and trafficking.

She speaks about child abuse with Adewoyin Adeniyi in this interview. Excerpt.......

You once mentioned that you were abused at a tender age. Was that what brought about the Jewel Empowerment Foundation?

I don’t know if I’m ready to share this now, but I have once shared it with the media. Somehow, it inspired the creation of the NGO and that is why one of my focuses is children that have been abused in one way or the other.

My life story is a constant inspiration for me because every day comes with a fresh inspiration to prosper, to make sure I achieve greatness irrespective of my childhood. And sincerely, this is the gospel I preach through The Jewel Empowerment Foundation. Nothing can stop us from achieving greatness.

Are you still traumatised by the abuse?

No! Rather than paralyze me, it gave me strength. It gave me reason to look inward and appreciate my inner being. I learnt to love and accept who I am. And as you can see, I am happy.

Has the experience affected your sex life in anyway?

(Laughing) I don’t know, I don’t think I want to talk about it right now. But usually, early exposure to sex as a child affects one’s life when matured. Most times, ladies who are abused as a child tend to stay off men completely or they are often being with men. It’s depends on the personality of the person.

How do you think the government can curb violence against children as it is among the objectives of your NGO?

This can be done through partnership/collaboration. Government must continually partner with nongovernmental organisation, agencies and other relevant organisations to curb violence against children. Our collective effort as a body would yield significant results.

No comments: