Adblada

Thursday 2 July 2020

DONT DOWNLOAD YOUR BANK APP ON YOUR PHONE:POLICEMEN KIDNAP A MAN ROBBED HIM OFF


A man (name withheld) has been abducted and robbed off of his hard earned one hundred (N100,000) in Asaba, Delta State Capital.
According to the victim (name withheld), “the police officers stopped me and accused me of being a Ritualist just because I was driving a fine car. They abducted me and took me to an unknown place and forced me to pay N100,000, using POS which I did to to save my life.”

A human rights activist and the Director General of Behind Bars Initiative, BBI, Mr. Gwamnishu Harrison Emefiena, who’s following the case said he received a distressed call on Thursday about the matter, adding that “this was not only extortion, but kidnapping as well.”

He confirmed that N100,000 was extorted from the victim by the policemen through POS, adding that the officers have admitted to their crime.

“You stop a Nigerian at a checkpoint, accused him of being a ritualist for owning a car, threatens and forced him to pay? You are an armed robber”, Emefiena said.

Continuing, the Rights activist said: “I was away for an official assignment in Abuja, I received a distress call from my village brother informing me how some policemen along Issele-Azagba Ogwashi Uku road, forced him to a POS agent and withdrew N100,000 for committing nothing. He paid because he wants to survive.

“From the information, I reach out to BBI intelligence to track those rogue monstrous barbarians and make sure the N100,000 was retrieved.

“If you listen to the voice conversation between me and the officers begging they will return only N50,000, you will weep for Delta Stata and entire police force.”

Gwamnishu further stated that the threats made against citizens in a bid to rob them only demonstrate their (police) level of hate and unrepentance.

He added that, “In all these, the shocking part is; the Police officers are from South-South and South East.

“We are waiting for the N100,000 from the Police as they have accepted and apologised. Will it keep ending by retrieving?”, he fumed.


No comments: