Adblada

Monday 28 April 2014

ADEDAYO ADEKOYA GENTLEMAN: GONE TOO SOON

I don’t know where to begin this tribute, the reason been that am a bit confused, my mind is blank but as a man i will still try to express myself. Yesterday morning while i was going through one of my uncle facebook profile, i saw a particular phrase that caught my attention; it was about DEATH. It went thus:  “We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.” (―Charles Bukowski) I copied and pasted it on my facebook profile.

Later in the night, to be exact 11.57pm,a good friend of mine sent a short message to my in-box thus:’ Adedayo Adekoya is dead.’ In a state of confusion, i don’t know what to say or write, i just wrote in response ‘what ? may his soul rest in peace’!!!

Yea, I do not really like to write an obituary of a small boy, but Adedayo Adekoya is a perfect gentleman, and if a fail to make a comment about this fine boy it means that am  not been sincere. I met this boy online, that is , he was a friend i met on the internet we eventually belong to a social network called  ‘AOZ OF ZEAL’ a group with a motive  to catch fun, proffer solutions to social and individual problems, reach out to people living with terminal diseases such as Cancer, HIV etc and also the less privileged.

 Our friendship later metamorphosis and he became my very good friend, a son  and my family but we never met! That is what really pains me. He was a good social commentator; he was a down to earth commentator on any topic that pertaining to social ills in the society like corruptions’, and bad government.

What really pains me about the death of this gentle man is that the government of his country failed him when he needed them most, Adedayo was admitted to Lagos University Teaching Hospital where he  undergone an eye operation, he later went into-comma after the operation that gulp lots of money from his family ! I faulted our heath care system but i will not say more than this for now.

As a member of Christian faith, i believe so much in my Bible; that is why i will love to quote the book of Ecclesiastes 3 verses 1-4 thus:  ‘To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. A  time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted.

A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to breakdown, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance.’’

Adedayo, i thank God for you for a very short life well spent. You came, you saw and you conquered. I cannot but to let you know that all THE AOZ MATE said and wrote lot of good things about you.

Babatunde Omogbolahan Atanda wrote:’ It is natural to feel sad at a time such as this, it is humane to cry......and yes, to cry out loud...... It is God who gives and takes.....and there is always a reason to give thanks regardless of the circumstance and any unpleasantness it may bring......but now am not sure I know what am writing, can't even find d right words because my heart bleeds and my eyes weep and and the pain feels almost unbearable, yet there is nothing I can do or anyone can do......'All is well' I kept saying and now All is Well still.....God, we are not worthy to question you but this hurts really bad, it really does.’

Rita Natasha wrote all the way from Kenya thus: ‘I remember u saying good and beautiful things about Me and Gladys my kenyan ore. And when maaamy camè to Kenya u said next visit u go come with maaami to Kenya. Ur a brave and intelligent friend. So humble. I know we shall all meet in that beautiful land. R.I.p’

Angel Ajoke Motunrayosfyrtunate  wrote :’ Hummmm!!!! ADEDAYO why did you gone too soon, you didn't allow me to meet you just for once, am always astonished with all your write-ups.. It really shows how intelligent you are.. An outstanding fellow like you suppose to have waked up...omg!! Eerin woo, ajanaku sun bii oke...A shinning star has fallen...A legend has gone, An hero is nowhere to be found.. Thought I was told you have been responding to treatment?? Oo maa shey ooo.. We can't question you God!! Alapadupe nii olorun oba!! Omg!! Am speechless.. May God grants the entire ADEKOYA family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss!!!’

Queen Kaphie wrote:’ I just came online now waiting to see good update about u buh reverse is d case, ADEDAYO when I was looking forward to see u dis weekend I don't know I will neva Eva meet u. It's so sad and I cant stop crying, u were a genuine, sincere and intelligent person! Oh how can I forget ur caring attitude. SUN RE O!!!! Till we meet to part no more! RIP to a dear friend and brother’

Omolara Ayodele also wrote from Ilorin-Afonja thus:’ Adedayo Adekoya was such a perfect gentleman.I never met him in person, but his voice echoes in my heart.He was kind hearted, humble & very caring. We love you, but God loves you most. Continue to rest in the bosom of our Lord,till we meet to part no more.’

Adedayo i wish to let you know that we your family and friends are going to miss you so much, all the AOZ MATES missed  and mourning your exit among us, on that note, I will love to quote Adebisi Adesanya's tribute‘DO YOU KNOW THERE IS ANOTHER FELLOWSHIP IN HEAVEN? YES I KNOW THERE IS ANOTHER FELLOWSHIP IN HEAVEN’ . Adedayo , ijebu Omo Alare, omo alagemo merindinlogun , goodnight.


No comments: