Adblada

Thursday 13 February 2014

DOUBLE CELEBRATIONS FOR MY LOVELY DAUGHTER..HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND HAPPY VALENTINE

February 14, is the day my lovely daughter Adesewa Adeyosola will be celebrating her birthday, at the same time, people around the world will be celebrating lover’s day, which was and still knows as Valentine’s Day!  During this period, children will be exchanging Valentine’s Day cards at school, guys give the women in their lives heart-shaped boxes of candy, couples will also exchange ‘’ Love You!” cards .
However, Valentine’s Day isn’t just a modern tradition. According to history, It has deep roots, leading all the way back to ancient Rome and the early Christians.
‘’To begin with, the day is really called Saint Valentine’s Day. It was originally (and still is) a Roman Catholic feast day, commemorating the life of a certain Valentinus, who was martyred in Rome sometime in the 3rd Century A.D.  In fact, there may even have been three saints with the same name, as Valentine, Valentinus or Valentinian were popular Latin names.
Whoever Valentine actually was, the story that has come down to us states that, while he was imprisoned for serving as a Christian priest, he healed the jailer’s daughter from blindness and apparently, fell in love with her. Before he was taken away for execution, he left her a note signed, “Your Valentine.” Thus, the card-giving tradition was born’’
However, ‘’when printing got started in the 1400s, the Valentine’s Day story was printed, distributed and redistributed, over and over again. First nobles, and then average folks, began exchanging “Your Valentine” notes on that day. The tradition spread throughout Europe and eventually the New World as well.’’

My Valentine message read thus: Valentine’s day is a unique day which reminds me that if I don’t have a special someone, I will be alone. I am lucky that I have you and you have me as your special someone. We began as strangers, we became friends, we became one with each other…We remain as one forever.
 I wish my lovely daughter happy valentine and happy birthday.....also the person that FUNMILAYO I say Happy Valentine’s day dear.






No comments: